- Your entry should be no longer than 3 minutes – longer films are considered, but will need to keep the judges attention!
- Your entry must be about identity – the theme is open to interpretation.
- Your poem can use beatbox, rap, MC-ing, polyvocal and acapella as well as poetry and spoken word.
- Your poem should not include recorded or instrumental music.
- You can enter in groups as well as on your own (up to five people allowed in a group)
By entering SLAMbassadors you agree that:
- You live in the UK.
- You are between the ages of 12 and 18 (inclusive) on the closing date.
- You give permission, if you are 16 or over, for your film to be uploaded to The Poetry Society’s YouTube channel.
- Your parent/guardian, if you are aged under 16, gives permission for your film to be uploaded to The Poetry Society’s YouTube channel.
- You have submitted a signed entry form.
- Your work is accepted on the basis that it has not been previously published anywhere in the world. Each poem must be the original work of the author (we do run checks for plagiarism on all selected poems), and must not have been previously published (in print, including anthologies, magazines and solo collections; online on any website, including blogs, online magazines or on social media such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram; broadcast on any regional, national or online TV station or via any radio platform) or have won any other competition.
- Your poem should be predominantly in English.
- Your poems and data may be used anonymously for research purposes.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- All entries must be received by the deadline. Late online entries will not be accepted.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author. However, authors of the winning poems, by entering the competition, grant the Poetry Society the right to publish and/or broadcast their poem. If you allow your winning poem to be published after the date of the 8th October 2016, you agree to acknowledge the Poetry Society by using the words “First published by The Poetry Society for SLAMbassadors″ and include a hyperlink to The Poetry Society’s website.
- Authors of the winning poems will grant The Poetry Society irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to republish the work in perpetuity, including (but not limited to): publishing the work online
production of reprints, publication (in print or online) of the work as part of an anthology, or as an educational resource.
- All the rights mentioned above cover distribution or publication anywhere in the world