To enter SLAMbassadors UK:
SLAMbassadors 2015 is open for entries and will close in late September 2015
- You must live in the UK
- You must be between the ages of 12 and 18 on the closing date (i.e. under 19 years old)
- You must complete an entry form. If you are under the age of 16, the entry form will need to be signed by your parent/guardian, and sent in by post
- Your entry should be no longer than 3 minutes – but this is a guideline only.
- By sending us your video and consent form, you are giving us permission to upload it to our YouTube Channel – but we are happy to take videos down if requested
- Your entry must be about identity – for help on the theme and tips for writing and performing, click here
- You can enter in groups as well as on your own (up to five people allowed in a group)
- You can use beatbox, rap, mc-ing, polyvocal and acapella as well as poetry and spoken word
If you are 16 and over, simply download the entry form below and email it in with your video.
If you are under 16, download the entry form, print it off and get a parent or guardian to sign it, then post it to:
The Poetry Society
22 Betterton Street
London WC2H 9BX
DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM
HOW TO SEND IN YOUR VIDEO CLIPS
There are two ways you can send your film clip to us, but remember that you will need to complete an entry form (with a signature from your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 16) before we upload your video.
1. The simplest way is to EMAIL your clip and we will upload it onto the Poetry Society YouTube channel
2. If you’re a bit more web savvy, you might want to upload your video to YouTube and then submit it to the Poetry Society channel. Please also remember that your video will NOT appear until we have received an entry form from you
Help Using YouTube
In order to upload videos, and to vote on videos, you must have a YouTube account. If you don’t already have a YouTube account, you can sign up by going to the YouTube homepage and clicking ‘Sign Up’ in the top right hand corner.
- Once you have signed up, you can click the ‘Upload’ button to begin uploading your video
- If you are unsure about how to upload you can read about it here
- If you want to know about how to transfer files from your camera to your computer then visit here
- To find out about uploading videos straight from your mobile phone go to this link
- If you are still having trouble uploading a video then please email us
YouTube accepts video files from most digital cameras, camcorders and mobile phones in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV and .MPG file formats.
If you are having trouble uploading your video to YouTube, you can send it to us via email.
There are two free websites that allow you to send huge files over the internet, yousendit and mailbigfile. Both of these sites are free and fairly easy to use. Remember it takes as much time to upload a video to either of these sites as it takes to upload a video to YouTube.
Remember to label the file with your name and title of poem/rap, so we can match up your entry form.
Go to the website and sign up to use the free ‘lite’ service which allows you to send files of up to 100MB. When you have signed up then sign in, attach your video by clicking ‘browse’ and send it to Joelle Taylor with your name and your video title in the subject line and we’ll do the rest.
This site is marginally easier to use than yousendit.com because you don’t have to register before sending a file. Simply go to the website, attach your video by clicking browse and send it to Joelle Taylor.